Monday, March 26, 2012

Field of Flowers Quilt...Finally!

I have FINALLY finished a quilt that was started ~7 years ago!  The top was actually finished for quite a few years, just awaiting a backing and quilting.  And, I'm happy to say that it is finally finished and now keeping me comfy on the couch! :)


I remember starting this quilt when I first moved back to Nebraska in 2005.  We had moved out of our small 2-bedroom apartment in Philadelphia and I had a bit more room, of course, here in Nebraska.  So, I decided to make some quilts for the guest bedroom.  After building a new house, getting married, and 2 little boys later, it is finally finished - pretty crazy how time flies!

This quilt pattern is from the book Cottage Charms by Nancy Halvorsen, Art to Heart. I actually used the same fabric as in the book.  The fabric is 'Charms' also by Nancy Halvorsen from Benartex. 


This a very "girly" looking quilt - it would be perfect for a little girl, but it will have to do for me instead. :)  The little boys probably wouldn't like it.  "Ewww....that's for girls" - I can just hear by 3 year old now!


I actually made this quilt too (which just needs quilting and it will be done too) in the same fabric - and had TONS of fat quarters left over.  I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I was shopping for the fabric.  I bought wayyyyy too much!  (Imagine that!)  So, I decided to piece the remaining fat quarters together and use them as the backing for the quilt.


These photos are all a little too dark.  I took them in too much shade and they don't capture the soft pastel colors in the quilt.  Need to time my photo sessions a little better.  (Basically it is begging my husband to go stand outside to hold a quilt up in the air - so, I'll see what I can do!)

 

It's finally a finished quilt!  One more checked off of my 'To Complete' list!

No comments:

Post a Comment