Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Welcome, Welcome!

I'm been reading so many inspirational blogs recently that share wonderful ideas, amazing projects, and the same passion for hobbies that I do......and so, I finally decided that it would be fun to document my projects in the same way.  I have been working on several projects lately, mainly blankets for my new son.  He's almost 5 months old now, and I am trying to get his baby blankets finished up!!!  Imagine that!  I'll post more about those soon....

In the meantime, though, here's some photos of 2 quilts that I made for one of my best friend's girls.  She recently had twin girls, so I couldn't make just one blanket (of course!).  I had to make two matching blankets for them!  I have two boys, so anytime I get to make "girlie" blankets - I love it!


Sorry the photos aren't the greatest....  I made these out of Moda BasicGrey Eva and Sultry fat quarters and used a solid off-white for the background.  I loved the paisley fabric on the back - it was my favorite print of those lines.  


The finished quilt was approximately 40" x 50".  I embroidered each of their names on the border so that they can keep them straight!  They weren't made from a pattern, just a compilation of ideas collected from all over flickr using the same box pattern.  It seems to be a popular pattern, but I really like it.



I delivered them to her shortly after finishing them and she loved them!  Hope the blankets get lots of love from her two little ones.....

No comments:

Post a Comment