Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Animals

I bought the fabric for this quilt when I found out that I was having another baby boy.  I loved it when I saw it and decided it would make a cute baby blanket for him.  It is so hard finding cute little boy fabric - of course there is tons and tons of beautiful fabric for little girls.  I loved the animals....so cute!


I didn't finish it until he was already three months old (imagine that!), but he has been loving it since!  The pattern was inspired from the Urban Baby quilt pattern by Valori Wells.  I modified it because I didn't want to piece the backing fabric.


The finished quilt size was approximately 40" x 40", so it was a little smaller than the Urban Baby pattern.  The fabric used is Sweet Pea by Jackie Shapiro for Windham Fabrics.  I also used some white minky dot to add a some texture. 


I had it quilted at my local quilt store in just a normal meandering design.  I love the way it turned out though after washing.  



My little one has loved cuddling with it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Is this pattern posted anywhere? I am a new quilter and am looking for something just like this to make for a friend's baby. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete