Sunday, April 3, 2011

Circles

Another baby quilt for my son.....


I found some similar quilts on various blogs and Flickr, and decided to make one for my son.  I loved the circles, and found this Drunkards Path Block Tutorial by the Sometimes Crafter.  I also got inspiration from this Raw Edge Circle Quilt Tutorial by Cluck Cluck Sew, although I decided against the raw edges (even though I think they are really cute too).


 The finished quilt measures approximately 40" by 50."  I squared each smaller block up to 5.5" when making the quilt - which means that each bigger circle square was 10" finished.



I used red, blue, and brown fabric from the All Star collection by My Mind's Eye from Riley Blake Designs, which I actually won from a local quilt store.  I also used additional pieces that I had on hand.  The brown polka dot backing is flannel, and the top is cotton.  After washing, it shrunk up quite a bit because of the flannel on the back.



These photos were taken in my parents backyard.  The weather is starting to get beautiful - can't wait for Spring!!!  He is enjoying being outside as well - as you can see! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment